Welcome to the Universal Peace Federation website.
We are an international and interreligious network of individuals and organizations, representing all sectors -- religion, government, civil society, the private sector -- and dedicated to building a world of peace for all the world's peoples. An NGO in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations, UPF works to support and supplement the great work of the United Nations, particularly in such areas as the promotion of interreligious dialogue and the strengthening of marriage and family as instruments of peace and human development.
- Renewal of the United Nations
- Interfaith peacebuilding
- Peace and security
- Marriage and family
- Culture of peace: service, sports, arts
For details, view a PowerPoint presentation.
- God - We are one human family created by God.
- Spirituality - The highest qualities of the human being are spiritual and moral.
- Family - The family is the "school of love and peace."
- Service - Living for the sake of others
- Unity - Peace comes through cooperation beyond the boundaries of ethnicity, religion, and nationality.
Video about the UPF
The Universal Peace Federation was founded in 2005 by Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon and his wife, Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon. They have proposed a revitalized, renewed United Nations with more than 50,000 diplomats, clergy, civic leaders, current and former heads of state appointed as Ambassadors for Peace.
Highlights of Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon's life [1920-2012] are available in text, video and PowerPoint formats; read an excerpt of his autobiography, As a Peace-Loving Global Citizen.
See also highlights of Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon's life.
Ambassadors for Peace serve on UPF's Presiding Council and Global Peace Council. Current members of these councils are listed here.