CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Global Day of Parents
The Global Day of Parents, June 1, provides an opportunity to appreciate parents for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship. UPF supports the UN resolution noting that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children and that children, for the full and harmonious development of their personality, should grow up in a family environment and in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding.
Programs may include
- Readings of the UN's background statement on the Global Day of Parents
- Speeches or personal reflections about parenting
- Showing a short animated video clip about parental love
- Readings about parents from the world's religious traditions followed by a discussion
- Showing a movie about parent-child relationships
If you find this page helpful and informative please consider making donation. Your donation will help Universal Peace Federation (UPF) provide new and improved reports, analysis and publications to you and everyone around the world.
UPF is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible in the United States. Receipts are automatically provided for donations of or above $250.00.
Donate to the Universal Peace Federation: Your donation to support the general programs of UPF.
Donate to the Religious Youth Service (RYS): Your donation will be used for service projects around the world.
Donate to UPF's Africa Projects: Your donation will be used for projects in Africa.